Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Sadie's Quilt Part 2

Working away on the blocks.  I really have come to love hand applique--who'd have thunk?  I always hated handsewing, including sewing on buttons or hemming pants.  Amazingly, I like doing this.
I cheated on the peacocks.  Instead of sewing strips of fabric together for the tails, I used a striped fabric.
 
It's great fun to pin them up together and look at them.

Another urn with fabric from a man's shirt.  I scout Goodwill for cool fabrics in men's shirts.  This one was dragons in motion.
I like mixing all different greens for the leaves, versus using a single color.
I grew up with guinea fowl running all over the place and toyed with the idea of getting some myself.  However, I live too close to a busy road so these will have to suffice.

The fawn does not make me happy.  The front leg looks deformed so I put a flower on to cover the bad spot and of course, my eye goes straight to it every time I look at that block.  However, deer are everywhere here so I felt I needed to put them in somewhere.
 
I love to sit and sew in my sewing studio.  It is very peaceful to listen to books on tape and stitch away as the sun moves across the sky and shifts the light and shadows across my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment