Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Better a Year Late than Never? Blocks Finished

Blue birds.  I liked this block so much--it just seemed so well composed--that I made another one with blue birds.

Golden Eagles representing Kazakhstan.
More of the blue birds block, with embroidered yellow eyes.

The elephant block with a trainer and two horses.  I thought about embroidering "Hanibal" on the elephants blanket, but decided against it.  Maybe "Barbar," though.
Owls.  Because one can never have too many owls.  This was a made-up block, not in the original.   I added blue berries on the bush and a butterfly.  The original had owls in the border, but not in blocks.  I didn't like all the plants in some of the blocks so I took some of those blocks and turned them into animal blocks.  Specifically animals that had some reference to our lives.
I added snails because I like snails.  The vase fabric was from an old shirt.  Originally, I had thought to do it all in greens, blues and browns, but the turquoise and pink just kept sneaking in.
and the red and orange and yellow.
This is the Bride block-or my interpretations of it.  
Arranged six blocks in three rows--Turtles, guineas, groom, squirrels, fawn are all my additions, not found in original.  I also added the two birds in tree with eggs twice (it is only found once in original).
Final layout, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment