Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Borders and Other Such Things

 
 
My sewing studio in winter.
 
 
 
 
Two horses for the border.


Eggs for the center of the bottom border.


Bits and Pieces of the border and my hands traced and ready to be appliqued.

Leaping hares for the border

Blue urns on the bottom corners.  A lizard--inspired by all the Carolina Green Anoles we have in the backyard.
 In-progress borders.  Owls and butterflies along the bottom.

Side edge of border with the binding strip in place.  One side has leaping deer and butterflies, the other leaping hares pursued by two hounds. I still need to connect the green stems from the pot to the vines.  I probably should have added the vines to the pot last and just extended what was on the side border but I was doing it impromptu because I just couldn't decide what I wanted.  Then I ended up with mismatched seems, but what the heck.

No comments:

Post a Comment