Friday, July 6, 2012

Big History Quilt--Threshold 8: The Modern Revolution


These are the fabrics I'm thinking of using for the Modern Threshold block and making an urban landscape.  Still undecided though.  This is roughly the idea for the pattern for the block.
 I tried out different colors.  I kind of liked this one but I thought the background might not work in thin strips.
 Smoggy city look.
 I liked the background, but the pattern of stars would be lost when I cut it and resewed it.
 I finally settled on this one because it reminded me of rain.
I'm debating windows on the buildings.  Should I or shouldn't I?  I also have to embroider some antennas on tops of buildings.
These are the other blocks in roughly the position they will be in.  I have to figure out borders and fill blocks.  I like that part, the problem solving piece.  I also have to finish the solor system block with embroidery. Hopefully, I'll be finished by the end of the month with piecing the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment